A weekly look back at what’s up with Lauren D Rogers Photography
- I showed you how I correct lens and perspective correction in Lightroom.
- I shared my quick and easy way to create a custom wedding dress hanger. A nice hanger makes such a difference in dress photos!
- Erin and Ryan’s Manassas National Battlefield Park engagement session made it up on the blog.
- My second installment of Italian travel photos showcased nighttime wanderings around the Vatican and waterfront walks in Venice.
- Jessica and Ryan’s beautiful winter wedding in Newport News and Williamsburg also got added to the blog. SOOO much pretty.
- And speaking of pretty, I shared the sneak peek from Zhujun and David’s wedding at Apple Blossom Plantation.
Rocking my world
I’ve been combating my scented candle addiction by warming scented oils instead. So much more efficient and now the house smells like lavender and orange. #zen
Earworm of the week - The best thing on the internet.
Album on repeat Seth Avett & Jessica Lea Mayfield Sing Elliott Smith
I have yet to be disappointed by a Neil Gaiman novel. This was weird, clever, and charming.
“American Gods is Neil Gaiman’s best and most ambitious novel yet, a scary, strange, and hallucinogenic road-trip story wrapped around a deep examination of the American spirit. Gaiman tackles everything from the onslaught of the information age to the meaning of death, but he doesn’t sacrifice the razor-sharp plotting and narrative style he’s been delivering since his Sandman days.
Shadow is a man with a past. But now he wants nothing more than to live a quiet life with his wife and stay out of trouble. Until he learns that she’s been killed in a terrible accident.
Flying home for the funeral, as a violent storm rocks the plane, a strange man in the seat next to him introduces himself. The man calls himself Mr. Wednesday, and he knows more about Shadow than is possible.
He warns Shadow that a far bigger storm is coming. And from that moment on, nothing will ever be the same…”
Weekly wedding inspiration
This great tutorial for making hand-painted silk dahlias on Love My Dress. I can think of so many ways to use these!
Looking to discuss marketing and SEO with other photographers? Request to join our Facebook group here!
That’s it for this week! I strained my knee a little at yesterday’s wedding, so I’m going to do the rest of today’s office work from a comfy bed with a hot mug of tea. I’m so ready for Spring so I can throw all the windows open! <3 Lauren